So What is Mystery Blogger Award?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
MERCI! MERCI! MERCI!
A huge ginormous mega super-sized THANK YOU to Leslie at the Books are the New Black for nominating me. It is just mind-blowing anyone likes reading my gibberish so hats off to you m’lady. Thank you for making me feel so welcomed in this amazing community.
Three Things About Me!
- Cooking & Baking: Being a food scientist, a passion for food is a must! I love love love to cook and bake. I literally get high off people complimenting me on food. If you say, “omg this is the best *blank* I have ever eaten”, I will literally be happy for weeks. I love to share my love through food, so if I bring something homemade to you – please see it as the highest praise I can bestow on you. Before baby, I used to decorate cakes for co-workers and friends, I hope to make it a side business but I found it was too much to maintain with my new life. I hope to pick it up soon – but here are some cakes & cookies I’ve made in the past! I apologize for the photo quality as I wasn’t into taking photos of my food as much as now :P.
- Farmer’s Market Junkie: Maybe cause it’s almost summer time, I seriously LOVE farmer’s markets. I’m very fortunate to live in a suburb that is so close to local farmers markets. I love fresh produce or food with a story. It perturbs me when I see Food terminal stickers on Food, I want locally grown fools! A few years ago, I used to live in a condo that was right across from the Saturday farmer’s market. I would get in early before the crowds while my Husband slept in – and buy these amazing big Portuguese doughnuts with this beautiful pastry cream in the middle. The lady was so nice and she literally had a stand in the back of her van. Not as sketchy as it sounds, but one of my favourite memories.
- Tattoos: Since a young age, I have had an obsession with Piercings and Tattoos. My parents were fairly liberal when it came to this (which looking back is so surprising, given how conservative they were growing up). They said I had to wait until I was 18 to get a tattoo, BUT I could get my nose pierced. So when I was 16 – I had my nose pierced, and by 17 – my eyebrow (big mistake!). I actually waited until I was 25 to get my first tattoo and I’m so glad I did. I have an origami elephant with watercolour splashes all around. My second and third tattoos are portraits of my dogs, Holmes and Watson. I hope to get more when I’m done breastfeeding. I really want to get a whisk on my wrist and I would love a colourful tattoo of wildflowers, but I’m working my way up to that one. Do you guys have any tattoos??
Questions from Leslie:
Besides blogging/reading what are your other hobbies?
I mentioned cooking & baking above. But I love to craft & crochet. I think Michaels is my second home. I was also into origami for a while. I literally made hundreds of origami stars for my wedding with my bridesmaids. We started in February for my wedding in August haha. Best decision ever.
What is your favorite movie or tv show?
This is a tough one, my favourite movie is tied with two: Pride & Prejudice and Fifth Element. Very different movies, but two that I can rewatch without ever getting sick of it.
Favourite TV show is hands down RuPaul’s Drag Race. I think I watched this show at a down point in my life and it literally helped me get through it as I binged watched season after season. I now have a life time obsession and an unhealthy amount of knowledge of Drag Queens seared on my brain. I also love Madam Secretary (especially in today’s political climate), and Terrace House (Japanese reality tv – yes please!).
What is your motivation for blogging?
Honestly, myself. I have always wanted to. And being on maternity leave really pushed me to do something for myself. I wanted to broaden myself and reach out to a community that shares the same passions as me. But also help expand my world too, beyond my little suburb.
If you could have a super power, what would it be?
This is an easy one, teleportation. If I could be anywhere as soon as I wanted without having to deal with traffic or airports or people in general, I would be the happiest clam there ever was. I despise traffic and living near Toronto, which is KNOWN, for its crappy roads and traffic, teleportation is a must for survival lol. It’s a selfish super power, but I so desperately want it :(.
Toilet paper roll under or over?
Easy one too, roll over! I get so mad when my husband does under. I will switch it around if I see it. Why? No idea – I’m no where near a neat freak but its one of those random quirks.
I will be breaking the rules a bit and only nominating 6 bloggers, as I’m only a month into my journey, I want to showcase six blogs that I enjoy regularly.
- Rocky Reads
- Button-Eyed Reader
- Fiction No Chaser
- Pages Below the Vaulted Sky
- Spellbound Librarian
Questions for the Nominees:
- What is your ideal vacation?
- What is your favourite & least favourite smell?
- If a genie gave you 3 wishes, what would they be?
- Best piece of advice you would give a new blogger?
- If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Best Posts & Their Links:
- Top Ten Tuesday – Books I Can’t Wait to Share with my Daughter
- An Ember in the Ashes (Review)
- To Kill a Kingdom (Review)
Thank you for stopping by, and as always…