Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
For my first Top Ten Tuesday post, the topic assigned today was Books I Disliked/Hated but Am Really Glad I Read.
If you would like to check out my last weeks post – click here.
Books I Didn’t Love but Glad I Read
So I’ll either lose major points this week, as a lot of books on this list are loved by many, but not so much by me. A few cases below are series that I loved in the beginning but didn’t like where it progressed…
- Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- It was one of those big hits that I thought was just alright, I finished it and actually really enjoyed the ending. Although I didn’t enjoy the first one, I already know I will buy the second cause I’m seriously curious of where this one is headed. (Check out my review here)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- I was so excited to read this one – it had a great synopsis, it had great reviews, what could go wrong? I could barely get through it, I kept putting it down and forcing myself to read it. I thought maybe the ending would redeem it all, but sadly I was so disappointed. I’m glad I got to read about the Grishaverse but I don’t think I will read Crooked Kingdom. (Check out my review here)
- The Mortal Instruments Series (Books #1-4) by Cassandra Clare
- So I’ve mentioned before, Cassandra Clare and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship. I find her world building amazing – but her characters are so flat and one dimensional. She also likes to throw in crazy twists in the plot that I had zero interest in. I read the first four books up until City of Fallen Angels, and just couldn’t do it anymore. I’m glad I was exposed to the wonderful world of Shadowhunters, but didn’t like the overall books.
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, Book One) by Cassandra Clare
- Same as above, I’m glad I read this one but I’m not motivated to continue the trilogy. I’m glad I gave it a chance, but it wasn’t enough to revive my love for the world. (Check out my review here)
- Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- So I actually really enjoyed the first two books in this series, and I couldn’t wait to read Allegiant. Man oh man, I couldn’t even finish it… I was so disappointed. I’m glad I was able to read this one, but did not love the ending whatsoever. Why Veronica Roth, whhhhy?
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- When these books came out, I was so glad I read them. It’s one of the rare series where I actually bought the fancy boxed set and had them displayed proudly. I just didn’t love the last and third book. I think I was so hyped after reading the first two that the third was just OK to me.
I actually didn’t have the full ten books this week! This topic was a bit harder than I thought! Do you agree with any of my choices above? Do you disagree?
Should I continue with TMI or Infernal Devices? What about Crooked Kingdom?
Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!