Wahoo, another bookish survey completed! Thank you to all who participated this week, it means the world to me and it’s super fun to see everyone’s answers!
If you are new to my blog, Survey Sunday is just a fun & quick survey about all things bookish and blogging. The survey is posted for entire week, and the results are posted the following Sunday.
Sad you missed this one? Don’t worry, there will be another one next week!
This week’s survey was about: BOOK BLOGGERS
Without further ado, here we go!
Total # of Responses: 33
- So look’s like the majority of us are in the less than 6 month bracket! I too am in this box, and so glad I joined this community! If you’re thinking of starting a blog, go ahead – a lot of us just started too!!
- For all you 5+ years, kudos to you!
- Wow, we have quite a bit of Flexi-posters! I am also in the majority, where I’ll schedule a couple of posts ahead, but sometimes I will post day of too (like today)!
- This is one where I struggle with the most — what is the optimal time of posting! It looks like a good chunk of you don’t think twice about it, while another chunk like to post in the morning! So if you too are struggling with when to post, morning (before noon) might be a great start! (Or don’t think too much about it…)
- Now this one doesn’t surprise me at all! I do see for myself that the weekly book memes such as Top Ten Tuesday and WWW Wednesday does drive a lot of traffic and interactions, and I’m glad others see this too. If you’re wondering if you should participate, I highly recommend it trying them at least once to see for yourself!
- Another one I was curious about was Blog Tours for new releases – I’m guessing bloggers aren’t seeing a crazy amount of interactions with these specialized posts which I found surprising given some of the advertisement provided for the posts.
- So I’m a ditz – and totally forgot FACEBOOK, duh Maddie. I’ll have to re-do this again another time to paint a more accurate picture. Does anyone find Facebook helpful for their blog?
- Otherwise, No surprise here! Twitter for the win!
What do you love most about blogging?
Here are some lovely responses. I apologize if yours was not included, I read all of them and enjoyed each one immensely!
The people!! It seems I’ve become a bit of a screamer, SO I JUST SCREAM WITh EVERYONE ABOUT EVERYThINg, and it makes my day.
I love the whole interaction thing, discovering new people and new books. And when someone follows me I get overwhelmed, I mean you’re interested in things I post *Heart eyes*
There’s a lot of advantages of blogging, and many things that I love, but what made me surprised when I started is how awesome a community is built between the pages of all these book blogs! I find it amazing that we actually talk about the books and our posts, and then complete strangers from all around the world become not so unknown and distant anymore. The world opens a bit day by day!
Blogging has reignited my love for reading and writing, and it keeps me accountable and on a schedule. It’s stressful but I love having something that is really mine on the internet. Blogging is giving me a kind of identity, which is something I struggle with.
Making friends, talking about the books we love, getting recommendations, and connecting with people over personal and emotional topics. ♥
I’m just starting out, so the community is still mostly an unknown to me. Connecting with other book lovers seems like it will be the most wonderful aspect of blogging in the long run. At this stage, I’m enjoying the writing process. It’s forcing me to think a little deeper about the books I read and it’s cathartic to get all the pent up feelings I have out in the open.
I love being able to spill out all the thoughts that are swirling around in my head driving me nuts. It doesn’t even matter if nobody else sees them. It just helps to know that there’s some semblance of organization to my thoughts and that, maybe, somewhere out in the universe, there’s someone that might understand if they stumble across it someday.
The interaction with more bookworms! It’s why I started in the first place 😂🤗
The friends & the actually writing. I love To write and blogging is a great outlet for me to do that. I also Adore all the bookish friends I’ve made in the community.
WARMS MY FREAKING HEART, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZZZZZZZING.
Thank you all again!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!