Hello World! Yes, I’m alive, unfortunately I was so insanely sick this last week that blogging had to go on a complete halt. My little one got sick the week prior (from damn daycare already!) that she infected the entire house and it took me and my husband out for the count. But I’m feeling so much better and I wanted to get into things again…
Two weeks ago I posted a Survey all about book reviews for books you have NOT read.
So let’s get into the results!
- Not surprised by this one at all – I personally love seeing the cover, it catches my eye and pushes me to keep on reading the review.
- I’m always curious about this one, because it rarely registers on my stats that someone has clicked the GoodReads link but it looks like the majority of you like having them!!
- So no surprise here either, for me it 100% needs a rating. I find it tells me where you stand on a book and a lot of the time it will influence me on whether or not to pick that book up. What I do find surprising is how many reviews I’ll read where I can’t find any numerical rating on when scrolling through the WP reader.
- Good to know that most don’t have a preference to review style. I tend to go back and forth between the styles depending on how much time I have on hand to write the post. What style do you prefer writing in when writing reviews?
- I asked this question, because I struggle slightly on whether or not to include the synopsis especially if I am just copying and pasting from another link. But good to know it’s appreciated when included!
- So it looks like the majority either doesn’t mind or loves quotes – so keep on quoting lovelies!
- This one is interesting – I wasn’t expecting such a high percentage not relying on reviews that explicitly say spoiler-free. I currently don’t advertise spoiler free, but I’ll warn the reader within the body of my review if spoilers are fast approaching.
- Woohoo, keep on gushing about that books as long as you warn people!
- So this is interesting, and feel free to take this result however you’d like. It looks like a majority don’t mind either way, but a good chunk appreciate it.
- I currently try to include them but it’s no way consistent.
That’s it for this survey!! Hope you enjoyed it. Let me know in the comments if there is anything surprising or what you’re thoughts are on the results!